PROPOSAL WRITER / RECRUITER
Ottawa, ON ■ Full-time
The Halifax Group is an IT professional services consulting firm, specializing in the areas of project management, business transformation, strategic business consulting, technical architecture, desktop baseline configuration, IT security, and software development. Since 1988, we have consistently delivered high quality professional services to our government and private sector customers.
The company has opportunity for a full-time Proposal Writer / Recruiter to join our growing team.
What We Offer:
· The opportunity to become a member of a team of professionals with exceptional camaraderie;
· A corporate environment where the focus is on results: substance over form;
· Flexibility for hours worked and vacation;
· Pride and comfort in an organization that meets your standard of professionalism.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Has prior experience writing proposals for the federal government, with a strong understanding of the need for compliance;
· Is a motivated self-starter with a positive and energetic approach to growing our company;
· Has the ability to set their own deadlines and schedules to produce high-quality work and ensure that tasks are completed on time;
· Has exceptional communications skills (written and verbal);
· Has strong interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of comfort liaising with IT and business professionals, and the ability to work alongside sales teams, senior managers, and business partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Recruiting candidates using available electronic tools (internal database, LinkedIn, Monster, etc.), and confirming compliance to proposal requirements and won roles;
· Meeting with and interviewing candidates (both onsite and offsite, as required);
· Reviewing RFPs and amendments;
· Assisting with RFP selection and contributing to Bid/No-Bid decisions;
· Reviewing resumes and assessing candidates to determine whether they meet mandatory and point-rated criteria;
· Contacting candidates regarding proposal submissions in order to discuss work experience and qualifications in-depth as part of ensuring full compliance with mandatory, point-rated and other (security clearance, language, etc.) proposal criteria;
· Monitoring public tender sites (Buy and Sell / Merx) to identify new postings and communicating this information with the sales team;
· Carefully reviewing RFPs to identify all requirements, identifying potential areas of non-compliance in bids and resolving issues to ensure that technical proposals are fully compliant with client requirements;
· Performing quality assurance (QA) reviews on proposals written by colleagues to provide feedback and recommendations on how to better demonstrate compliance with government requirements, as well as to improve clarity and flow of written content;
· Writing and submitting questions about active solicitations to procurement via email;
· Tracking candidate information in order to provide reports and status updates to sales and proposal teams;
· Building and fostering positive internal and external relationships;
· Supporting sales and business development activities as and when required;
· Experience as a Proposal Writer in an organization providing professional services to the federal government;
· Experience identifying and recruiting qualified candidates for proposals and/or won positions;
· Solid understanding of federal government procurement processes and knowledge of major supply arrangements (including TBIPS, TSPS, THS, etc.); and
· Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook; working knowledge of MS Excel.
· Bilingual is an asset but is not required
· Ability to acquire Government of Canada security clearance
If interested, please submit resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.